Middle and high school is way tougher than elementary school. Instead of having your teachers or parents help you with getting organized for school, you need to do it on your own. Here are a few tips:
Practice staying organized.
- Once you get organized, you need to practice staying organized!
- Try something simple, like organizing your school backpack each night.
- Move on to bigger things, and organize your toys or clothes once or twice a week.
Stop, think, and organize!
- Don’t organize your things the way you think other people want them, organize so you can find things!
- If you don’t lose your homework but always lose your clothes, organize your clothes!
- Once you organize your clothes, you might find it easier to organize other things.
Learn how to organize thoughts when you write.
- Collecting your thoughts before writing can be hard!
- Try brainstorming your thoughts by recording yourself saying them.
- Then move your ideas to a computer, and then organize each idea in an order that make sense.
Always know what your homework is!
- There are many ways to organize what you need to do for homework!
- Write down your assignments, and know who to ask if you don’t know what to do.
- Try asking your friends what you need to do for homework!