Parents of children with ADHD hear a lot of conflicting reports on the topic of video games and ADHD. While some recent research has found that certain action-based games can actually improve attention and memory in kids, other reports have cautioned the risk of addictive use of games among children with ADHD and autism.
When it comes to finding the right ADHD strategies for managing video game use, its important for parents to understand the potential benefits and concerns surrounding video games and children with ADHD. To help parents find an approach that works best for their family, we’ve rounded up some of our key articles on the topic of games and ADHD below. These articles offer simple summaries of the latest research, as well as common-sense strategies for managing the use of games with children with ADHD.
Understanding Video Games & ADHD
- Video Games and ADHD: What Every Parent Needs to Know
- Do Video Games Cause ADHD?
- Should Kids with ADHD Play Video Games?
- Video Games and ADHD: A Cause or a Cure?
- Does Amazing Alex Have ADHD?
- Video Games That Can Improve Attention
- Five Strategies for ADHD and Video Games
October is ADHD Awareness Month. All month long, we’ll be sharing our favorite apps and games for ADHD, as well as tips for parents looking to incorporate a healthy play diet into their children’s lives. Check back for more!