We are currently looking for applicants to fill the following internship positions:
Job Title: Gaming and Technology Writer / Editor
Hours per Week: 20+
Employment Start Date: September, 2012
Employment End Date: May, 2013
We’re looking for a few good writers and editors with a passion for technology, education, and gaming to join our team as we launch the full version of our educational technology site: learningworksforkids.com. Successful applicants will work out of our offices in Wakefield, RI, writing educational app and video game guides, editing online content, and assisting in various design, marketing, and social media tasks. This is a great opportunity to get real-world writing experience, while learning all about the ins and outs of launching a web-based startup in the exciting educational technology field. Successful interns are often given the opportunity for continued employment after completing the internship.
- Strong writing skills.
- Excellent grasp of grammar and style.
- Passion for technology, video games, and/or education.
- Ability to work approximately 20 hours on-site each week.
- Experience with WordPress or other content management or blogging software.
- Some knowledge of education and/or psychology.
To be considered for this position, please send the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter stating why you would be a good candidate for the internship, your work availability, and a discription of your interest in, and knowledge, of gaming and/or technology.
- Brief writing sample (this can be anything: term paper, blog, short story, pithy reddit comment, etc.)