What is Working Memory?
Flexibility is the Thinking Skill that helps you to:
- Adjust to new situations.
- Learn from your mistakes.
- Deal with a change in your routine.
For example, you use your Flexibility skills when you think of a new way to solve a math problem after the first method that you try doesn’t work.
Sammy & Ugene
In this comic strip, Ugene has some trouble while trying to build a treehouse with Sammy. Instead of trying a new way of doing things, he lets himself get frustrated, until what should have been a small problem just keeps getting bigger and bigger.
What can you do?
If you often get frustrated when something isn’t working, or you have a hard time when you need to stop one activity and start on another, you might need some help with your Flexibility skills. The good news is that we can help!
Here are some simple ideas that you can use to calm yourself down when you get frustrated:
- Take a break: Just walk away from the problem until you’re calm enough to give it another try.
- Breathe: Sometimes, just taking a few deep breaths can really help to calm you down.
- Try something different: If the way you’ve been doing something hasn’t been working, try a different approach.
- Head over to our Games Page or Beyond Games Page to find lots of fun ways to use games, gadgets, apps, and websites to help you become more flexible.