Find the best apps and games for Autism.
Create a personalized learning profile to help your child manage the challenges of Autism and Autism Spectrum Disorders.
How do games and apps help with Autism?
Technology can be beneficial and comforting to children with autism, in part because of the way that digital media can counterbalance their symptoms, but also because it can be used to teach many of the skills that are impaired as a result of autism.
Download our free ebook, “The Plugged-in Parents Guide to Autism” to learn more about how today’s most innovative technologies can help you and your child to manage the challenges of autism.
How LW4K Works
At LW4K, we assess each child’s unique learning struggles, then connect them with the most fun and effective learning technologies to improve their thinking skills and overcome the challenges of Autism and Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Find today’s most innovative technologies for managing the challenges Autism.
- Learn about the specific thinking skills and executive functions that your child is struggling with.
- Discover how you can transform your child’s digital play time into real opportunities for learning and growth.
Autism and Executive Functions
Children with Autism and Autism Spectrum Disorders can suffer from a variety of difficulties with executive functions and cognitive thinking skills. These are some of the most common ways that kids with Autism struggle with these skills:
- Flexibility: Kids with ASD may have difficulty with adaptive, fluid problem solving. They may also have difficulty learning from mistakes and can become easily frustrated.
- Self-Awareness: Often, kids with ASD will have difficulty picking up on social cues and understanding the impact of their behavior and actions on others.
- Self-Control: Kids with ASD may have difficulty regulating their feelings; may easily become angered when routines change or if misunderstanding a social situation.
Latest Articles on Autism
There are many apps available on the market today which have been specifically designed to help children deal with the challenges of autism spectrum disorders. Kids with ASD can sometimes … Read More
Video games can be the best friend of parents of children with autism spectrum disorder and ADHD, providing these youngsters with opportunities to sustain their attention and engage them for lengthy periods of time…. Read More
There has been a lot of recent news about how technology and video games impact children with autism. Much of what has been written has raised legitimate concerns about how excessive use of technology… Read More
Try Our Free Sample Thinking Skills Test
Get a glimpse of your child’s personal learning profile by taking our Free Sample Thinking Skills Test.