Building Working Memory Skills
Working Memory is one of the most important cognitive skills for every child to master. This “memory-in-action” is what gives kids the ability to remember the rules of a game while they are playing it, or recall instructions from a teacher while completing an assignment. Children who have trouble with their Working Memory skills will often have difficulty remembering their teachers’ instructions, recalling the rules to a game, or completing other tasks that involve actively calling up important information.
In this series of four live, online workshop sessions, your child will build Working Memory skills with brain training games and activities, while learning about some practical, useful technologies that can help them support their working memory needs at school.
TODAY ONLY: Enter Code “50OFF” when you register for a 50% discount!
Act Fast: Spaces are limited, and will not last long…
Building Working Memory Skills
1/30 – 2/20
- First Session: Wednesday, January 30, 5:00pm EST
- Second Session: Wednesday, February 6, 5:00pm EST
- Third Session: Wednesday, February 13, 5:00pm EST
- Fourth Session: Wednesday, February 20, 5:00pm EST
What is LearningWorks Live?
LearningWorks for Kids is proud to announce the launch of LearningWorks Live: an online executive function training program consisting of small-group workshops and game-based training sessions.
Through this program, kids will work in small groups with our expert Gamer Guides and Educational Technology specialists to build and improve executive functions.
Video-Conference and Game-Based Sessions
Our video-conference based sessions focus on brain-training with educational games and apps, and cover a variety of issues, ranging from improving focus and organization skills to learning strategies for coping with ADHD.
In our game-based sessions, kids will meet with our Gamer Guides inside private servers on games like Minecraft, where they will be given fun and challenging activities to build and improve executive functions.
Overcome learning challenges... while having fun!
The Power of Technology
In all of our workshops, kids will learn about the most fun, useful, and educational games and apps.
Our dedicated, experienced instructors always make sure that every sessions is just as enjoyable as it is educational.
See the Difference at School
We design each of our Workshops to give your child easy-to-use tools and strategies that they can put to work at school today!
More Upcoming Courses
Study Skills Workshop
In this course, your child will learn how to improve and support the cognitive building blocks of strong study skills: Organization, Time Management, Planning, and Working Memory. With effective brain-training games and easy-to-use supportive apps, your child will gain the knowledge they need for a lifetime of learning success!
Study Skills Workshop: 1/16 – 2/6
- First Session: Wednesday, January 16, 6:00 pm EST
- Second Session: Wednesday, January 23, 6:00 pm EST
- Third Session: Wednesday, January 30, 6:00 pm EST
- Fourth Session: Wednesday, February 6, 6:00 pm EST
Study Skills Workshop: 1/30 – 2/20
- First Session: Wednesday, January 30, 8:00pm EST
- Second Session: Wednesday, Fenruary 6, 8:00pm EST
- Third Session: Wednesday, Fenruary 13, 8:00pm EST
- Fourth Session: Wednesday, Fenruary 20, 8:00pm EST
Building Working Memory Skills
Building Skills With Minecraft is a home-based program that transforms playing Minecraft into an opportunity for developing executive functions and social and emotional learning skills. This program provides kids ages 8-15 who are struggling with learning challenges with an opportunity to play Minecraft in a moderated environment.
Building Working Memory Skills – 1/23 – 2/13
- First Session: Wednesday, January 23, 5:00pm EST
- Second Session: Wednesday, January 30, 5:00pm EST
- Third Session: Wednesday, February 6, 5:00pm EST
- Fourth Session: Wednesday, February 13, 5:00pm EST
Building Time Managment Skills
Time Management is a difficult skill for nearly every child (and most adults) to properly master, and yet very few schools actually teach it at all. That’s why we’ve created this Building Time Management Skills course. In this series of four live, online workshop sessions, your child will build Time Management skills with brain training games and activities, while learning about some practical, useful technologies that can help them support their TIme Management needs at school.
Building Time Management Skills – 1/24 – 2/14
- irst Session: Thursday, January 24, 9:00pm EST
- Second Session: Thursday, January 31, 9:00pm EST
- Third Session: Thursday, February 7, 9:00pm EST
- Fourth Session: Thursday, February 14, 9:00pm EST
Building Organization Skills
Being organized is incredibly important for success at school, but it doesn’t come easy for every kid. In this course, your child will learn how to train their brain for better organization while also learning how to use valuable digital tools and effective strategies to finally get their schoolwork (and the rest of their lives…) organized.
Building Organization Skills – 1/29 – 2/19
- First Session: Tuesday, January 29, 7:00pm EST
- Second Session: Tuesday, February 5, 7:00pm EST
- Third Session: Tuesday, February 12, 7:00pm EST
- Fourth Session: Tuesday, February 19, 7:00pm EST
Social-Emotional Skills Workshop
This program provides kids ages 8-15 who are struggling with social-emotional issues with an opportunity to spend their screen time practicing skills such as Self-Control, Self-Awareness, and Flexibility. They will learn the basics of these skills and learn ways to use them in their everyday lives such as at school and at home.
Social-Emotional Skills Workshop – 1/22-2/12
- First Session: Tuesday, January 22, 6:00 pm EST
- Second Session: Tuesday, January 29, 6:00 pm EST
- Third Session: Tuesday, February 5, 6:00 pm EST
- Fourth Session: Tuesday, February 12, 6:00 pm EST
More Courses Coming Soon!
Enter your name and email below to receive updates about upcoming LearningWorks Live Courses.