There are thousands of apps and tools to wade through in today’s digital landscape. Here at LWK, our goal is to help you make sense of it.
Welcome to Great Apps for ADHD. Here, we help you identify apps and technologies that are particularly useful for kids with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder — quality applications that excel at facilitating organization, planning, and memory.
- Evernote is good for kids with ADHD who have problems with organization and memory.
- The app allows users to easily create notes that integrate text and images.
- All notes are searchable — even handwritten content, and can be sorted into hierarchical categories — uniquely named folders called “notebooks” that allow for a high level of customization.
- Can be synced with folders on your computer, making it easy to import and carry important files.
- Notes can be further organized using tags. For instance, ideas for a class project can be all tagged “project” for easy sorting.
- Notes, images and other media can be shared socially on platforms like Twitter and Facebook, making it easy to collaborate.
Great Apps for ADHD #2: Vlingo
- Many kids with ADHD struggle with writing, making Vlingo‘s voice recognition capabilities a good alternative.
- Can be used to set up reminders via voice, making it easy to ensure you don’t forget important times and obligations.
- Allows you to create daily reminders and create specialized alarms. Examples include having the app remind you when the library closes, setting it to tell you when to start homework or having it remind you to take a book home from your locker at the end of the day.
- Voice commands allow users to easily search the Internet for information.You can even choose to email sources back to yourself or collaborators.
- Vliingo can be used to create draft emails via dictation, making it easy to brainstorm ideas when you are a way from the computer. Simply email them to yourself or others and your thoughts ill be waiting in the inbox.
Great Apps for ADHD #3: myHomework
- An academic app with a strong emphasis on tracking class schedules and assignments, myHomework helps kids with ADHD simplify the complicated nature of organizing your academic obligations.
- Features dedicated icons for organizing classes, your calender and homework assignments.
- The class icon lets students profile each class, listing needed materials, subjects, teacher information and availability, making it easy to prepare for class.
- The interactive calender lets you set reminders and deadlines for assignments. This way you can stay on top of all work due the upcoming week.
- The calender can also be used to create blocks of study time and set up reminders so you ensure you have ample time throughout the week to dedicate to class work.
- Setting up a profile for homework via the homework icon will ensure you have easy access to the details of each assignment. Here, you can list its due date, subject material, resources and the required size or length set by the teacher.